Sunday, November 11, 2007

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same." -- the Fray


These words have echoed in my mind for the past few weeks. Except instead of giving me a clear view of the path I need to take, it's caused more confusion. Both paths will be hard. There are good and bad things about both. Which is right?

I'm finding it so hard to pray about it. Maybe it's because I know what the deep part of me desires and I don't want to hear anything different.

I want to be me. I have worked so hard to love who I am and I don't want to be told to be different. I am a sinner. I have made mistakes and will continue to do so. I am saved only by the glorious grace of God. And He seems to be confirming that this is a good thing for me to stand for, right now. I have finally been faithful about reading "The Ragamuffin Gospel" by Brennan Manning and just read an article on Radiant Magazine's website where it said:

To be genuine in our relationships we have to get comfortable with our weaknesses, even as we seek to improve them. It helps to know that when we are free to be ourselves, we are also freer to show others the power of God in us. In 2 Corinthians 12:9, Paul writes, “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness’”

So where do I go from here? I know I need to spend some serious time on my knees... Pray that the words will come and so will a clear answer.

Currently missing:
P7211450

0 comments: